We’re happy to announce that from today we’ll be offering one free, fully set up blog per school, inclusive of all paid ed.gs features.
What does that mean?
- You get a free blog (for life), set up entirely by ed.gs for you, so you don’t have to worry about anything, all you need to do is write your posts with your pupils
- You get unlimited friendly and fast support and guidance from ed.gs for any help you might need whilst you get started blogging and throughout your time with us
- You get unlimited upload space for pictures, videos and audio files
- You get a safe space for children to write and improve their skills
- You get the latest in blogging software, updated regularly
- You get to choose any theme or plugin you like, maybe you’ve seen another blog using something, chances are you can have it on yours too
- You get discounts on school websites created by us
Why is it free?
We wanted to provide a service that will truly help children to better themselves in literacy, technology and writing.
There are many blogging services that are set up to allow you to create your own blog, but there’s no service that will get you set up if you’re unsure or have limited time to push new ideas in school. Whilst working with many schools in our local area and some 100 Word Challenge schools, it has become clear that teachers are keen to push new technologies on their children, but are rarely in a position to investigate them. Seeing this as a chance to help push schools forward, we wanted to offer our expertise to the masses so everybody could benefit.
What do you want in return?
We believe in sharing what you know, so if you have time and are grateful for this service, we’d love it if we could all create a growing knowledge base of documentation, videos and other helpful material, such as lesson plans, for others to get the most out of our service.
As this is a free service we’re offering, we may from time to time need donations to keep the servers paid for. If you can spare any money for donations, we’ll have some payment methods available in the future, or you can purchase an unlimited blog subscription, more information below. We also ask that you be patient, dependant on how much demand we receive. We have limited staff and the set up of each blog to your specification can take time, but we’ll endeavour to create it as quickly as possible for you to get you blogging today!
What if I want more than one blog?
We still offer an unlimited blogs subscription for only £150 per year, which includes everything from above.
How do I get this free blog?
All you need to do is contact us and we’ll take it from there. If you’re on Twitter, give @Coopeh or @edgsweb a shout, or if you want to email us you can catch us at [email protected], lastly you can fill in the contact form at the bottom of this page and we’ll get back to you asap.